April 20 @ 6:30 pm - May 11 @ 9:00 pm
Oil Painting: Four Weeks
Registration now closed
Supported by Winsor & Newton
Taught by Rachel Levitas
Explore the potential of oil painting in an encouraging, non-competitive and supportive environment that’s especially suitable for beginners or those new to oil painting.
In this course you’ll learn how to successfully apply techniques such as impasto and glazing and develop an understanding of the specialised properties of tools, mediums and surfaces.
Hosted online and in classes of no more than 16 students.
On completion you will be able to:
· successfully produce your own paintings
· use tools and materials, such as brushes, palettes and paints
· understand the properties of different tools and materials
· effectively use formal elements such as line, tone and composition
· know how to set up and clean up correctly
· critically assess your work using technical terms
Receive appx £100 value of Winsor & Newton art materials
specially selected by Rachel Levitas, including:
- Winsor & Newton Winton Oil Paint Set 6x21ml
- Winsor & Newton Azanta Brush Black Short Handle Flat 12
- Winsor & Newton Artists’ Canvas Board
- Winsor & Newton Oil Additives
- Winsor & Newton Round No.2 Brush
"The course was really enjoyable and I learnt a lot. It gave space and privacy to try things out at home without worrying about the results being judged by anyone"
Oil 4 Week Student, Spring 2021