April 27 @ 6:30 pm - June 15 @ 9:00 pm
Botanical Watercolour Illustration: Eight Weeks
supported by Winsor & Newton
Supported by Winsor & Newton
Taught by Andrew Carter
Did you know Beatrix Potter started out as a botanical illustrator?
Watercolour as a medium has long been associated with botanical illustration. For centuries artists and scientists have sought to identify plant species often resulting in very beautiful and well observed art work. In this course students will be inspired by some of these great botanical illustrators in creating their own beautiful studies. All levels are welcome, but an interest in detailed observation, colour and plants is key.
Andrew will guide students through a careful study of botanical forms and colour, before helping you select some of your favourite plant species in order to create your own watercolour paintings.
This course will inspire you to look in more detail at the plants around you and help develop your skills in observational drawing and painting.
- Fee £360
- 27 April - 15 June, 2021
- 8 x 2.5 hour online classes each Tuesday from 6.30pm - 9pm (UK time)
- Premium materials included and delivered directly to your door (terms and conditions apply)
- Registration closes 21 April
Receive appx £200 value of Winsor & Newton art materials specially selected by Andrew Carter, including:
- Winsor & Newton Professional Watercolour Half Pans x 24
- Winsor & Newton Cotman Brush Short Handle Pack of 7
- Goat Hair Wash Brushes No.6
- A3 Gummed Pad