September 23 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Level 1: Acrylic Painting
Registration for Autumn 2020 now closed
- This event has passed.
Tutor: Liane Lang
Explore painting in a nurturing, encouraging, non-competitive and non-judgemental online environment. Designed for beginners or those new to acrylic painting. Premium art materials supplied by Liquitex.
Uncover the creative and technical processes of acrylic painting. Through experimental processes discover the qualities of particular pigments such as transparency and opacity. Learn application techniques and the specialist properties of tools and surfaces.
Hosted online via Zoom sessions in classes of no more than 20 students, personalised one-to-one tutorials between sessions.
On completion you will be able to:
- independently produce own paintings
- use tools and materials independently, such as brushes, palettes and paints
- understand the properties of tools and materials, for example, transparency, brush types and different surfaces
- effectively use formal elements such as line, tone and composition
- know how to set up and clean up correctly
- critically assess your work made by using correct technical terms
- Fee £145
- 23 September–14 October 2020
- 4 x 2-hour online classes Wednesday from 6–8pm (UK time)
- 3 x 10-minute personalised tutorial sessions in between classes
- Registration closes 17 September 2020
As part of course fee receive £60 value art materials including:
- Liquitex Basic Set 24 x 22ml
- 1 x Liquitex Round Brush
- 1 x Liquitex Flat Brush
- 1 x Liquitex Basics Filbert No 5 brush
- 1 x Liquitex Pro Freestyle Brush No 10