October 29 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Level 2: Watercolour
Registration for Autumn 2020 now closed
Tutor: Andrew Carter
Suitable for those who have some experience of painting or have completed Level 1: Watercolour 4-week course.
An introduction and enjoyable recognition of the possibilities of Watercolour. Students will be encouraged to push themselves and see what they can achieve, remembering that anything is possible.
The course starts with playful experimentation leading to a multi-layered abstract composition that explores geometry and colour. Next, discover still life, exploring colour, reflections, distortions, transparency, abstraction and atmosphere. Finally, landscape painting reveals how images fit together to create an engaging scene which is further refined by pursing the abstract qualities of colour, saturation and tonality.
Technical training will be supplemented by contextual references to modernist painters such as Richard Diebenkorn, Patrick Heron, Cezanne and Bonnard, providing visual learnings to specific techniques
Lessons are engaging and interactive.Hosted online via Zoom, student numbers are limited to 20 people to ensure personalised learning. Ten-minute individual tutorial sessions each week provide an opportunity for tailored feedback to enhance your knowledge.
At the end of this 6-week course you will be able to:
- independently apply a range of painting techniques
- understand properties of tools and materials used in watercolour
- produce independent artwork using specialised techniques
- develop understanding of elements of art e.g. line, tone, composition, colour
- set up and clean up correctly
- critically assess work made using correct technical terms
- Fee £216
- 29 October–3 December 2020
- 6 x 2-hour online classes each Thursday from 6–8pm (UK time)
- 5 x 10-minute personalised tutorial sessions in between classes
- Registration closes 25 October 2020
As part of course fee receive £125 value art materials including:
- Winsor and Newton Professional Watercolour Set of 12
- Winsor and Newton Classic Water Colour Pad