April 26 @ 6:30 pm - June 14 @ 9:00 pm
Magical Realism: Eight Weeks
Supported by LEFRANC BOURGEOIS PARIS
Supported by Lefranc Bourgeois Paris
Taught by Liane Lang
Discover how artists imbue descriptive and detailed scenes with the strange and supernatural of Magic Realism, a movement that celebrates uncertainty, complexity and a mood of subversion.
Liane will lead a study of figurative painting combined with an in-depth exploration of the rich historical context of Magic Realism. Learning from the techniques and methods of artists in this tradition, students will move from copying to creating their own paintings that have a powerful sense of atmosphere.
Students on this course will be developing acrylic paintings that introduce an element of strangeness into the real. You will examine a wide variety of artists and techniques and touch on genres from landscape to figure painting, portraiture to abstraction.
The course includes technical instruction, guided demonstrations, and bespoke art history lectures. Students are encouraged to explore their ideas independently and develop their own compositions.
- Fee £360
- 26 April - 14 June, 2021
- 8 x 2.5 hour online classes each Monday from 6.30pm - 9pm (UK time)
- Premium materials included and delivered directly to your door (terms and conditions apply)
- Registration closes 20 April
Receive appx £200 value of Lefranc Bourgeois art materials specially selected by Liane Lang, including:
- Lefranc Bourgeois Flashe Acrylique paints
- Lefranc Bourgeois Set of 6 Short Handle Brushes
- Lefranc Bourgeois Spalter 50mm Brush
- Lefranc Bourgeois Modelling Paste