Animal Christmas cards with Gouache
This bundle does not include any materials. If you would like to receive the class materials included in your order, click here
Whether you’re looking into being a greetings card designer, or simply want to make a card that you can send to friends and family for Christmas, this course will be a fun and encouraging environment to do it in. Using gouache, design and create a Christmas card from start to finish! We will explore using fun, bright colour palettes and an illustrative visual language to create a card guaranteed to make its recipient smile.
We will work through a series of quick exercises at the start of the workshop to ease you into using the gouache and exploring different colour palettes. There will be a selection of reference material to choose from and fun drawing prompts to encourage play and experimentation. We will then take what we have learnt into a final card design that you can reproduce to give to friends and family.
This course is held on Thursday 25th November at 7.00pm – 9pm (BST). Students outside the UK are welcome!
What you will achieve from taking this class:
- Identify a style that you are comfortable with when drawing from reference.
- Learn techniques for painting with gouache.
- Understand the use of colour theory and find favourite colour combinations.
- Successfully paint a finished Christmas card that can be scanned and duplicated.
This course is suitable for all abilities.
Materials you will need to take part:
- Winsor & Newton Foundation Watercolour Brush – Short Handle – 3 Pack – Elephant Kiosk
- Reeves Gouache Paint – 10ml, Assorted Colours – Pack of 12 – Elephant Kiosk
- Reeves Watercolour Paper – A4 – Elephant Kiosk
This bundle does not include any materials. If you would like to receive the class materials included in your order, click here to save £5!
- 2 cups of water
- A Mixing Palette
- Additional paintbrushes
- Coloured pencils