Exploring watercolour painting
What you will get from taking this online course:
- A chance to experiment with different elements of watercolour painting such as colour, composition, and transparency.
- Knowledge of how to paint from reference artworks by selected artists.
- A still life or landscape painting created by the student
- An exploration of specialist watercolour painting techniques
- Elephant Academy Takeaway Technique: understand the technical aspects of watercolour paint
This 4-week course will be held on Tuesday 8, 15, 22 February and 1 March. Classes will be held each week from 6.30pm to 9pm (BST) and are suitable for beginners and intermediate students. Students outside the UK are welcome.
Over the course of four classes, artist Andrew Carter teach how to paint with watercolour in a relaxed and friendly environment. You will learn to experiment with watercolour paint and realise the infinite potential of working with this beautiful, transparent medium. In each class, students will be given a practical demonstration by Andrew showing how to use watercolour in various different techniques, such as desaturating, layering and working on a wet or dry surface. Students will be taught how to use specialist watercolour tools such as brushes, palettes and canvases and how to explore the formal aspects of watercolour painting such as composition and mark-making. At the end of each class, students will be encouraged to apply the techniques they have learnt to creating their own watercolour painting. No previous experience of watercolour painting is required but a visual curiosity and interest in art is suggested.
This online Zoom workshop is taught by Andrew Carter @andrewcartermc
Winsor & Newton Cotman Painting set includes:
- Cotman sketcher box 12 half pans
- x3 Cotman paintbrushes
- Conte A Paris Pencil Sharpener
- Conte A Paris 2b Pencil
- Medium putty
- Watercolour Paper 300gms
Additional materials you may need:
- Masking fluid