Expression in meditation using acrylic
What you will get from taking this online workshop:
- Knowledge on how to paint using the five meditative elements of earth – flow, fire – staccato, water – chaos, air – lyrical and heart presence – stillness
- An understanding of the key techniques and tools used for acrylic painting
- An exploration of meditative expression by painting with acrylic
- An acrylic painting focusing on the subject of ‘expression in meditation’
- Elephant Academy Technique Takeaway: Understanding how to be present when painting
This workshop will be held on Thursday 24th March from 7.00pm to 9pm (BST) and is suitable for students of all levels. Students outside the UK are welcome.
This workshop is more about the journey than the result. Over the course of an online session, students will paint together, simultaneously, without a fixed goal. Students will work closely with artist Lennaert Koorman to develop their expression in meditation through acrylic painting. Lennaert will guide students through the layers of the five elements:
- Earth – flow
- Fire – staccato
- Water – chaos
- Air – lyrical
- Heart presence – stillness
Students will gain the confidence to paint freely and trust wherever the paintbrush may take them. In this workshop, there is no right or wrong way to paint. Instead, Lennaert will encourage students to be present in their painting style and have fun creating new artworks with acrylic paint.
This online Zoom workshop is taught by Lennaert Koorman
Material bundle includes:
- Elephant Vibrant Acrylic Artist Paint Set, 21ml tubes set of 10
- Winsor & Newton Tear-Off Palette 23 x 31 cm
- Liquitex Basics Brush Filbert No. 12
- Liquitex Brushes Extra Big 2 Pack
- 2 x Big Acrylic or Watercolour Paper, 22 x 30 inch , 300 gsm
- Something like construction foil, or old newspapers to cover the working table.
- Two medium-sized buckets for water.