Exploring acrylic painting
What you will get from taking this online course:
- Lessons in the techniques of acrylic painting
- Knowledge of the historical context of acrylic painting, referring to individual artists and artistic movements
- Confidence when working with the acrylic medium
- An acrylic painting of a chosen figurative or abstract subject painted by the student
- Elephant Academy Takeaway Technique: learn how to choose subject matter
This 4-week course will be held on Monday 17, 24 and 31 January and 7 February 2022, from 7.00pm to 9pm (BST) and is suitable for beginners or intermediate students. Students outside the UK are welcome.
Join artist Liane Lang virtually each week for an online art course exploring the techniques of acrylic painting in a nurturing and non-judgemental environment. Over the course of four weeks, students will be introduced to a range of basic acrylic painting techniques including colour mixing, composition, tone, perspective, glazing and mark making. Students will learn how to experiment with a variety of painting techniques to discover the qualities of different acrylic pigments, such as transparency and opacity.
Each class will include figurative and abstract subjects and students will have the opportunity to study contextual and historical reference images. By the end of the course, students will have acquired new acrylic painting techniques and developed a base knowledge of different artists and artistic movements that utilise the acrylic medium. Students will understand the properties of specialist acrylic painting tools and be able to apply their learned techniques to their own acrylic painting.
Students will have the chance to discuss their work and provide feedback in a peer-group setting. At the end of each class, students will be encouraged to upload images of their work to their class Padlet page, an online gallery platform. The Padlet page gives students the chance to continue their discussion after class in an accessible and friendly community.
This online Zoom course is taught by Liane Lang @lianelangstudio
Material bundle includes:
- Lefranc Bourgeois Acrylic Paper Pad 300gsm A4
- Winsor & Newton Artists’ Canvas Board 10x8in
- Winsor & Newton Tear-Off Palette 23 x 31 cm
- Winsor & Newton Artists’ Willow Charcoal – Medium 24 Sticks
- Winsor & Newton Palette Knife No. 3, 4in
- Liquitex Freestyle Bright No.12
- Elephant Acrylic paint set, 21ml set of 20. Hand selected colours chosen by Liane.
- Winsor & Newton Galeria brush set – 5-pack