This course is suitable for all. Whether you have a love for picture books, want to develop your illustration skills or simply want to learn something new. In a relaxed, friendly and comfortable environment. We will explore the development of a picture book, with contextual references to my debut picture book ‘The Library Book’ (2nd September 2021, Thames & Hudson). Ranging from working with a transcript, producing vignettes that allow us to journey through the story, creating unique character designs and practicing methods of mixed media applications.
Monday 20 September – Monday 11 October – 6.30pm – 9pm (BST).
Materials worth £100 included.
Online Zoom Workshop.
Supported by Winsor & Newton
Taught by Ian Morris from Small Fry
Each lesson will be engaging, fun and conversational to ensure a personal experience for everyone to learn and develop. With restricted class sizes, this is a great way to learn in a supportive and friendly group.
Outcomes from the workshop:
- Learn a variety of mark-making techniques, methods of wash and applications that will become familiar and able to apply them to more self-initiated outcomes.
- Understand the properties the tools are able to provide.
- Successfully be able to create a series of character sheets based on the characters used within the book.
- Successfully produce illustrated spreads using mixed media techniques.
- Be able to reflect upon your work, analysing how it has developed over the course of 4 weeks.
Receive appx £100 value of Winsor & Newton art materials including:
- Winsor & Newton Cotman Watercolours Sketchers’ Pocket Box
- Conté À Paris Graphite 2b Sketching Pencil
- Conte a Paris Pierre Noire Pencil H
- Winsor & Newton Gummed pad A3
- Winsor & Newton Drawing Inks – William Collection Ink Pack
- Winsor & Newton Cotman Brush Short Handle Pack of 3
- Winsor & Newton Fineliner Black Assortment Set