Introduction to oil painting
What you will get from taking this online class:
- A journey into the history of oil painting including the raw materials, recipes and different kinds of oil colour
- Lessons in the basic techniques for painting with oil such as pigments, binders, drying times and mediums
- An understanding of the use of colour in oil painting
- An oil painting created by you of a chosen subject
- Elephant Academy technique takeaway: how to work with oil painting
This workshop will start on Monday 21 February 2022. Classes will be held from 6.30pm to 9.30pm (BST) and are suitable for beginners. Students outside the UK are welcome.
This workshop will introduce the techniques of oil painting. Students will be presented with a historical overview of oil paint, including the invention of the medium, the use of binders and the origins of different pigment colours. Students will practice the different techniques of oil painting and build up their skills. They will explore mixing paint, creating different kinds of gradients, and working with a dry brush compared to a wet one.
Over the course of the workshop, students will create a series of warm-up pieces and study different objects and compositions. By the end of the workshop, each participant will produce an oil painting of their chosen object.
This online Zoom workshop is taught by Lennaert Koorman
Material bundle includes:
- Winsor & Newton Studio set (8 x 21 ml tubes, 37 ml Titanium White, 75 ml Liquin and 2 Brushes)
- Winsor & Newton Foundation Oil Brush – Short Handle -6 Pack
- Winsor & Newton Painting Knife no20
- Winsor & Newton Oil Pad A3 – 230gsm/108lb 10 pages
- Winsor & Newton Oil Additive Sansodor 75ml