Introduction to watercolour painting
What you will get from taking this online workshop:
- An exploration of different watercolour painting techniques
- Knowledge of how to paint with an emphasis on demonstration, technique and application
- An understanding of how to paint from observation, using visual subject matter
- Confidence painting from selected artists’ works
- Elephant Academy Technique Takeaway: learn how to paint from observation
This workshop will be held on Wednesday 16 February 2022, from 7.00pm to 9pm (BST) and is suitable for students of beginner abilities. Students outside the UK are welcome.
In this online workshop, students will be given an introduction to watercolour and learn how to create skilful watercolour paintings. Focusing on the foundation techniques of the medium, students will discover the technical and contextual aspects of watercolour in a relaxed, fun and friendly environment. Students will have the opportunity to experiment with watercolour through a variety of demonstrations, techniques and applications. Your tutor Andrew Carter will provide an historical background of watercolour and discuss how to paint using a contemporary approach.
Beginning with a few easy warm-up exercises, students will progress to creating a sustained watercolour painting by the end of the workshop. The formal emphasis of this workshop will be placed on colour, layers and experimentation. No previous experience in watercolour is necessary but an open mind, love of colour and willingness to experiment are recommended.
This online Zoom workshop is taught by Andrew Carter @andrewcartermc
Materials bundle includes:
- Winsor & Newton Cotman Watercolours Sketchers’ Pocket Box
- Winsor & Newton Cold Press Watercolour Pad A3
- Winsor & Newton Cotman Short Handle Brush 4 Pack