Mark-making and Self-portraiture with Promarkers
What you will get from taking this online workshop:
- An expansion of your drawing expertise with new mark-making techniques using Winsor & Newton promarkers
- Knowledge on how to draw the human skull and anatomical examples from observation
- An understanding of how to capture likeness in self-portraiture
- Confidence in drawing from key reference works by artists such as Vincent Van Gogh, John Woodrow Wilson and Kathe Kollwitz
- Elephant Academy Technique Takeaway: Capture likeness in self-portraiture drawing
This workshop will be held on Thursday March 3rd from 7.00pm to 9pm (BST) and is suitable for students of all levels. Students outside the UK are welcome.
This workshop will teach students how to create detailed self-portraits in a variety of marks, using Winsor & Newton promarkers. Your tutor Katy Papineau will introduce students to significant artists such as Vincent Van Gogh, John Woodrow Wilson and Kathe Kollwitz, and use their drawings as reference for the self-portraiture genre. Over the course of the session, students will expand their mark-making repertoire and bring expressiveness and depth to their drawings. Katy will guide students through observation of the human skull and encourage students to draw in an anatomically correct way. Students will expand their observational techniques and learn how to capture a sense of likeness in their self-portrait. By the end of the workshop, students will create a expressive and dynamic self-portrait in their own likeness.
This online Zoom workshop is taught by Katy Papineau @katypaps
Materials bundle includes:
- Winsor & Newton Pro-marker set of 2 Black & Blender
- Lefranc Bourgeois Acrylic Paper Pad 300gsm A3
- Conté À Paris Graphite 2b Sketching Pencil
- A mirror for self-portrait (choose one that enables you to see your whole head and shoulders, with a 3/4 view)