Oil Painting: 6-week course
£190 – £270
Explore painting applications with contextual reference to artists such as Cézanne, Euan Uglow and Giorgio Morandi. In a range of subjects from still life to portraits, students will produce independent artworks using techniques including impasto and glazing. This course is suitable for those who have some experience of painting or have completed the four-week oil painting course.
Thursday 28 October – Thursday 2 December – 6.30pm – 9pm (BST).
Materials worth £170 included.
Online Zoom Workshop.
With restricted class sizes, this is a great way to learn in a supportive and friendly group.
Supported by Winsor & Newton
Taught by Rachel Levitas
On completion you will be able to:
- Independently apply a range of painting techniques such as glazing, underpainting and impasto
- Understand properties of tools and materials used in painting
- Produce independent artwork using specialised techniques
- Effectively use formal elements such as line, tone and composition
- Set up and clean up correctly
- Critically assess your work using technical terms
Receive Winsor & Newton art materials specially selected by Rachel Levitas, including:
- Assortment of Winsor & Newton Artists’ Oil Colours
- Winsor & Newton Palette Knife No.4, 3inch
- Winsor & Newton Oil Additive 75ml Thickened Linseed Oil
- Winsor & Newton Oil Additive 75ml Sansodor
- Winsor & Newton Azanta Brush Black Short Handle Flat No. 12
- Winsor & Newton Series 666 – 1/4inch 6mm
- Winsor & Newton Round No.2 Pro Synth
- Winsor & Newton 1/4 inch – 6 mm Pro Synth
- Winsor & Newton Artists’ Canvas Boards