Paint your Valentine’s Day cards using gouache
What you will get from taking this online class:
- Identify a style that you are comfortable with when drawing from reference
- Learn techniques for painting with gouache
- Understand the use of colour theory and find favourite colour combinations
- Successfully paint a finished Valentine’s Day card that can be scanned and duplicated
- Elephant Academy Technique Takeaway: How to use colour
This workshop is held on 9 February from 7pm to 9pm (BST) and is suitable for all abilities. Students outside the UK are welcome!
Whether you’re looking to becoming a greetings card designer, or simply want to make a card that you can send to a loved one for Valentine’s Day, this workshop will be a fun and encouraging environment in which to try something new. Using gouache, design and create a Valentine’s Day card from start to finish! We will explore using fun, bright colour palettes and an illustrative visual language to create a card guaranteed to make its recipient smile.
We will work through a series of quick exercises at the start of the workshop to ease you into using the gouache and exploring different colours. There will be a selection of reference materials to choose from and fun drawing prompts to encourage play and experimentation. We will then take what we have learnt into a final card design that you can reproduce to give to that special someone.
This online Zoom workshop is taught by Izzi Fitch @izzifitch
Materials Bundle includes:
- Winsor & Newton Foundation Watercolour Brush – Short Handle – 3 Pack – Elephant Kiosk
- Reeves Gouache Paint – 10ml, Assorted Colours – Pack of 12 – Elephant Kiosk
- Reeves Watercolour Paper – A4 – Elephant Kiosk
Additional materials you will need:
- 2 cups of water
- A mixing palette (or something that could be used as a palette)
- Additional paintbrushes
- Coloured pencils