Self-drawing & acrylic painting for body neutrality
What you will get from taking this online class:
- Gain confidence drawing from your own body
- Learn to make simple stencils from your drawings
- Explore different acrylic painting techniques
- Experience the process of drawing and painting from your body for self-acceptance and body neutrality
- Elephant Academy technique takeaway: understand how to incorporate drawings, stencil and acrylic painting into your work
This course is held on Tuesday 1 March 2022 from 7.00pm to 9pm (BST) and is suitable for students of all abilities. Students outside the UK are welcome!
Relax and find peace with yourself in this body neutrality drawing and acrylic painting workshop. Artist and advocate Miranda Dobson will lead you in a two-hour session to draw and use acrylic paints to create your own portrait of self-love and acceptance. Students can create a line painting “self portrait” referencing photographs of themselves taken in preparation for the workshop, or you can draw from reference images of diverse people provided by Miranda from creative commons/online resources from body positive advocates.
This online Zoom workshop is taught by Miranda Dobson @_mirandadesigns
Materials bundle includes:
Additional materials you will need:
- Craft knife
- HB pencils
- Scrap paper
- Masking tape