Smash, Bang Wallop: 8-weeks
£250 – £360
This eight-week course takes the student on a whistle stop tour through the history of abstract painting. The course will introduce you to the materiality of paint, to texture and colour and to experimental techniques of making a mark. You will be given the opportunity to try a wide variety of different painting styles and techniques. Accompanied by short lectures on various artists, dating from 1920 to 2020, you will be introduced to many different types of abstraction and their wider context. The projects include guided demonstrations and no prior experience of abstract painting is necessary.
Monday 27 September – Monday 15 November – 6.30pm – 9.00pm (BST).
With restricted class sizes, this is a great way to learn in a supportive and friendly group.
Materials worth over £200 included.
Online Zoom Workshop.
Supported by Winsor & Newton.
Taught by Liane Lang
On completion you will be able to:
- Produce personalised independent artwork using specialised techniques
- Develop contextual and historical understanding
- Independently apply and combine a range of painting techniques
- Effectively use formal elements such as line, tone and composition
- Set up and clean up correctly
- Critically assess work made using correct technical terms
Receive over £200 value of Lefranc Bourgeois art materials including:
- Lefranc Bourgeois Flashe range of colours – 12 paints total
- Winsor & Newton Galeria Brush Set Pack of 5
- Winsor & Newton Palette Knife No. 3, 4in
- Liquitex A3 Acrylic 300gsm Pad
- 8 cotton canvases
- Masking tape