‘The interior’ with soft pastels: from the outside looking in
What you will get from taking this online class:
- Learn how to use soft pastels in combination with other media
- How to use soft pastels and mixed media to enhance atmospheres, moods and contrasts
- Discover how creating a narrative can inform our artistic decision making
- Move out of your comfort zone to approach soft pastels in a playful way
- Elephant Academy technique takeaway: creating a mood
This course is held on Wednesday 2 March from 7.00pm to 9pm (BST) and is suitable for students of beginner and intermediate abilities. Students outside the UK are welcome!
We will use soft pastels in combination with other media and explore how this allows us to play with different atmospheres, moods and contrasts. We will draw our personal interior (living room, for example) from the ‘outside looking in’ (a window view for example), learning how to divide our drawing into two elements and focusing on creating contrasting moods through this exercise.
We will elaborate on colour by creating various colour schemes and develop a more in-depth approach to building up layers. Participants are also challenged to think of a narrative when working (either working from direct observation or using photographs taken beforehand).
This online Zoom workshop is taught by Tezz Kamoen @tezz_kamoen
Materials bundle includes:
- Reeves Soft Pastels – Set of 24
- Reeves Acrylic Paper A5
- Elephant Essential Acrylic Artist Paint set, 21ml tube set
- Winsor & Newton Drawing Ink Collection Rich Tones set 4 x 14ml
Additional materials you will need:
- Coloured Pencils
- Different types of paper
- Masking tape