September 24 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Level 1: Watercolour
Registration for Autumn 2020 now closed
- This event has passed.
Tutor: Andrew Carter
Explore the potential of watercolour in an encouraging, non-competitive and non-judgmental online environment. Suitable for beginners or those new to watercolour. Premium art materials supplied by Winsor & Newton.
Uncover the creative and technical processes of watercolour. Through experimental processes discover the qualities of particular pigments such as transparency and opacity. Learn application techniques and the specialist properties of tools and surfaces.
Hosted online via Zoom sessions in classes of no more than 20 students, personalised one-to-one tutorials between sessions.
On completion you will be able to:
- successfully produce your own paintings
- use tools and materials independently, such as brushes, palettes and paints
- understand the properties of tools and materials, for example, transparency, brush types and different surfaces
- effectively use formal elements such as line, tone and composition
- know how to set up and clean up correctly
- critically assess your work using technical terms
- Fee £145
- 24 September–15 October 2020
- 4 x 2-hour online classes each Thursday from 6–8pm (UK time)
- 3 x 10-minute personalised tutorial sessions in between classes
- Registration closes 18 September 2020
As part of course fee receive £80 value art materials including:
- Winsor & Newton Cotman Sketchers Pocket Box
- Winsor & Newton Brush Short Handle (4 pack) + Round Short Handle