April 22 @ 6:30 pm - May 13 @ 9:00 pm
Watercolour: Four Weeks
Registration now closed
Supported by Winsor & Newton
Taught by Andrew Carter
Explore the potential of watercolour in an encouraging, supportive and non-judgmental environment. This course is especially suitable for beginners or those new to the medium.
Through experimental processes uncover the creative and technical processes of watercolour and discover the qualities of particular pigments, such as transparency and opacity. Learn application techniques and the specialist properties of tools and surfaces.
With maximum class size set at 16, this is a great way to learn in a supportive and friendly group.
On completion you will be able to:
· Successfully produce your own paintings
· Use tools and materials independently, such as brushes, palettes and paints
· Understand the properties of tools and materials, for example, transparency, brush types and different surfaces
· Effectively use formal elements such as line, tone and composition
· Know how to set up and clean up correctly
· Critically assess your work using technical terms
- Fee £180
- 22 April – 13 May, 2021
- 4 x 2.5-hour online classes each Thursday from 6.30pm – 9pm (UK time)
- Premium materials included and delivered directly to your door (terms and conditions apply)
- Registration now closed
- Spots available on our six-week course: Watercolour: Six Weeks - Elephant Academy
Receive appx £100 value of Winsor & Newton art materials specially selected by Andrew Carter, including:
- Winsor & Newton Cotman Sketch Pocket Box
- Winsor & Newton Cotman Brush Short Handle 4 Pack
- Winsor & Newton Watercolour Marker Cerulean Blue
- Winsor & Newton Cotman Brush Series 111 No. 4
- Winsor & Newton Art Masking Fluid
- Winsor & Newton Classic Watercolour Pad 300g A4
"Andrew was an excellent instructor, encouraging and enthusiastic, also very engaging and inclusive, I feel he understood each of us and catered for us all equally... The course format was perfect"
Watercolour 4 Week Student, Spring 2021
How to register
To enrol, add the course to your shopping basket by hitting the '+' symbol below, then click 'ADD TO BASKET'