Food themed Christmas cards with Gouache
What you will get from taking this class:
- Discover how to draw from reference.
- Learn techniques for painting with gouache.
- Understand the use of colour theory and find favourite colour combinations.
- Successfully paint a food-themed Christmas card that can be scanned and duplicated.
This workshop is held on Wednesday December 1st at 7pm – 9pm (BST) and is suitable for all abilities. Students outside the UK are welcome!
Whether you’re looking into being a greetings card designer, or simply want to make a card that you can send to friends and family for Christmas, this course will be a fun and encouraging environment to do it in. Using gouache, design and create a food themed Christmas card from start to finish! We will explore using fun, bright colour palettes and an illustrative visual language to create a card guaranteed to make its recipient smile.
We will work through a series of quick exercises at the start of the workshop to ease you into using the gouache and exploring different colour palettes. There will be a selection of reference material to choose from and fun drawing prompts to encourage play and experimentation. We will then take what we have learnt into a final card design that you can reproduce to give to friends and family.
This online Zoom workshop is taught by Izzi Fitch @izzifitch
Materials Bundle includes:
- Winsor & Newton Foundation Watercolour Brush – Short Handle – 3 Pack – Elephant Kiosk
- Reeves Gouache Paint – 10ml, Assorted Colours – Pack of 12 – Elephant Kiosk
- Reeves Watercolour Paper – A4 – Elephant Kiosk
Additional materials you will need:
- 2 cups of water
- A Mixing Palette
- Additional paintbrushes
- Coloured pencils