Learn to draw a dog with pencil
What you will get from taking this class:
- Learn a variety of mark-making techniques, quick methods of sketching, shading and line that will become familiar and you will be able to apply them self-sufficiently.
- Successfully create one single colour drawing and one multi-colour drawing of dog over the course of the class.
- Identify the technical properties of coloured pencils.
- Understand correct proportions and linear perspective when drawing dogs.
- Be able to reflect upon significance of colour palette in a multi-coloured drawing.
Whether you’re a dog lover, want to develop your drawing skills or looking to try a unique, artistic activity, learn how to draw a dog in a relaxed, friendly, and encouraging environment. We will explore the visual composition of a dog, learning how to draw features such as fur, faces and different breeds in a non-photorealistic style. Using colour pencils and paper, create your very own dog design from the comfort of your home!
Additional materials you will need:
- Pencil sharpener
A pet is not essential to take part. If you do not have a furry friend, simply bring a reference image of your choice to draw.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Do I need to have any experience to take part in an Elephant Academy class? Absolutely not! We warmly welcome everyone and have classes and activities for all levels, including those who have never picked up a paintbrush or pencil before. All classes are friendly, supportive and fun!
How do I join the online class once I have purchased? You will be sent a Zoom link via email the week before your class. The email will have full instructions on how to join and tips on how to set up your workspace.
I don’t live in the UK – can I still join one of the classes? Absolutely! We welcome students from all over the world and many of our classes are held at times to suit students in Europe and North America.
Is there a recording I can watch after the class? Yes, we can supply recordings to allow you to develop your skills and revisit the classes.